Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sleep

So here I sit along side my wife. It's 5:30am, on Sunday, we'd rather be sleeping, but can't. I've already documented how I get up early on weekends even though I don't need to. We decided that in order to stay "regular" with my employment and so on, I'll just go ahead and get up.

But today has me wondering. Our 2-year-old was in the bed, not wanting to get up at all on Thursday and Friday, and then Saturday comes along and BAM... 5:30 and she's up, and so are we. So what happens in this case? She doesn't have a job to worry about, in fact she went to bed after 9pm the night before (normally bedtime is 7-8pm). She should be sleeping in. WTF?!?

I think it may have something to do with the number of days you wake up for work/school and then you get to the weekend but before you can get that extra sleep in, it's Monday again. It's all I got to work with anyway.

No comments: