Saturday, August 30, 2008

Brain Function

So I've been quiet about the "stroke" and for the most part life has gotten back to normal. Well that was until last weekend. I don't know what happened, but I simply could not communicate. I mean I could talk, sound would come out of my mouth, it's just that I couldn't think of the right words to use in some cases. It's still like that to a point, not as bad as it was last weekend, but still noticeable.

One thing that seems to help this condition is beer. I don't really understand why, but my guess is it either shuts something down that's causing things to get jammed, or it just loosens me up and I don't care so much. Which of course get me in trouble because I can't really get hammered every night. I probably could but you know what I mean.

About the only lifestyle that's conducive to this type activity is being in the military, stationed overseas. Since I've already did that and I am no longer in the military anyway that's out. Maybe I need to seek some medicine or something. Or just wait and let things go back by themselves. I think that's what I'll do. But I can't help but feel I putting up a facade. . .

2 comments:

"P. B." said...

I don't know, MH. My first husband did pretty well with the getting-hammered-every-night lifestyle and he was a business exec. Whatever works. Of course his lifestyle is all about AA now and his eyesight is almost nil.

You must be frustrated beyond belief at times, and I am amazed at how well you seem to cope.

WileyCoyote said...

Blame the heat and humidity. That's why a cool beer helps.
At least that's my excuse.

Seriously, when I was young I had a bad stutter problem, that still occasionally surfaces. I know exactly what I am trying to say, I simply can't make the words come out right, and it is very frustrating! I sympathize. I learned to cope by catching myself and going silent with a smile until I can make a short comment. Better to be mysterious than to sound confused.