Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fertilizer

$47 to buy one bag of Scott’s fertilizer with summerguard. That’s the price of my wife being happy. I’d pay it if it were double that. She likes the nice green grass. We’ll see. I can’t seem to put it out without some kind of malfunction. Places seem greener than others or the horrors of stripes in our grass. Maybe someone can tell me how come my tree is dying. The landscapers originally had some shrubs there, they died, and so has my tree, I think it has too much water, but I don’t really know, all I do know is my red bud which was growing good for the past 3 or 4 months, has lost all its leaves. Anyone care to take a stab at this? It’s in the sane that separates me from my neighbor, so it would be nice, if I could grow “something” there.

2 comments:

WileyCoyote said...

Sounds like your soil is bad there. Could be scraps from the building, a leaking undergrownd water pipe (sewage would make it grow)- hell, could be just lousy clay. I would suggest soil amendments - manure is good, ho it in and mix it up and leave it alone for awhile; also compost - brown leaves and green grass, water and stir til it rots. THEN plant something.

Mad Hatter said...

I think it's bad soil, but it's surrounded by dirt that's good. I don't know. There are some bottle brushes on the other wide of my house that need to be transplanted because they are too big. I might try them right there.