Friday, August 22, 2008

Classic Film Friday: 7 Brides for 7 Brothers

I'm sick, like really sick, some form of bird flu or monkey pox I think. So with that I'll turn over the reins to my wife. I told her we could watch whatever so long as she wrote about it. I did watch the movie with her (on the Roku Netflix player) but honestly I was high from the cold medicine I could have been watching just about anything. So here she goes.

Okay, so I wanted to watch this because I recognized it as we were browsing the Netflix instant movies. Funny thing is, I didn't remember watching it with my grandma with whom I watched most classic films. I remembered watching it with my mother. Now, it didn't don on me until this moment that maybe it was the presence of young, handsome, muscular dancing men that attracted her attention. Hmmmm.

The musical starts out with Adam Pontipee in Oregon 1850 coming to town for some supplies and well, a wife. He finds one in about 3 minutes and, or course sings about it. After bringing his new cooking, cleaning wife home to ... surprise... six brothers there is some hell to pay. But they get over that. There are quite a few dance numbers, all well choreographed, throughout the flick. They get progressively spunkier as all six other brothers steal their own wives. All ends well in this film filled with hokey fun! Watch it, while you home sick or anytime really!

1 comment:

WileyCoyote said...

Silly. We liked the beautiful dresses and the women falling in love with the different personalities! Muscled men dancing... humph.
Heehee.