Saturday, August 23, 2008

Let's Make Grocerys

That's an old New Orleans saying. It means you're going grocery shopping. I'm back from the dead, somewhat. I don't have any sick time, because of the stroke, no vacation either... them's the breaks. I am doing better, but far from 100%. We went to Publix grand opening and I'm really disappointed. I always knew that Publix was more expensive and that part really didn't bother me. It was just too crowded. Let me first say that the whole reason we were going to Publix was for cannoli.

And they did have that, the only store that does. But the store seems to be a throwback in time. I feel like this would have been great 10-20 years ago, but now? It just seems so... 1980's, like I was walking around in the Delchamps, or grocer of choice.



I really feel let down, but maybe by the time they get the Harris Teeter built, they'll see and take advantage of everything Publix missed and thing that Food Lion did right.
Maybe....

No comments: