Monday, August 11, 2008

Public Safety Message

Squirrels, I just had to take a chance to write about it. It's been a couple of weeks now, since I saw the first "bomb" but basically, squirrels have been eating pine cones and throwing them when done, down, around me. I don't think they are actually trying to throw them at me, but it does so happen that I'm out when they throw them, and I'm the biggest one there so... throwing them at me.

I really didn't even think pine cones were eatable, but obviously they are and how they like them. If you look at the picture, you can see what I'm talking about.


So look out for any rouge squirrels that may drop pine cones on you.

4 comments:

WileyCoyote said...

Yes it is intentional and yes they are throwing them at you. They are one of the lowest forms of rodents; I call em fuzzy-ass rats.

Today when I got out of the shower there was one in the yard. Didn't think too much about it, other than "hmmm breakfast". Later I looked out and he wasn't there - wait, yes he was! Sitting on the plastic owl in the cottonwood bole, staring at me thru the window! He bit the owl's ear and scurried up the tree.

Squirrel - good eatin', fried up in gravy. I cut them up tho - they look like embryos in a frying pan, legs curled up.

Did I mention I hate squirrels?

Mad Hatter said...

Weird still. There aren't all that many squirrels around, now Crows, I have plenty of them.

WileyCoyote said...

Anywhere there are old growth trees, you have squirrels. Are there any tall pines near your house? They make huge nests of the pinestraw and any trash they can find and breed up there. Ick.

Like cockroaches - if you see one, you have twenty. Marty Sauls is an accomplished squirrelkiller - yet he has literally hundreds in the old trees around his, his father's, and his neighbor's house! You can only eat so many, especially when your kids think they are "cute".

I'd love to start a rumor that they carry rabies or some such, but they simply don't, normally - too busy on their treetop errands. But they WILL bite. Vicious little rodents. Don't let the little princess near them, no matter how many babies fall outta the trees!

Mad Hatter said...

We have a couple of pine trees in the backyard, way far away. But they (squirrels) don't come into my yard per se. But the crows do, to the point where we can't feed the birds. My little one is more interested in the bugs and lizards that can be found around the house.