Monday, July 21, 2008

The Weekend

My weekend was pretty much how people say it should be. So it was good, I guess. Saturday we went to a friend’s for a party. It was nice. the people we went to party with have a pool. It made me wish that we had a pool. It’s good to dream right? It also reminded me that I am in fact older than I want to be.

Even though we took a nap earlier we still wound up crashing before 10. Why is that? I’m not really sure, but I can live with it. Or at least there’s nothing I can do to change it, so I better get used to it. **YAWN**

Sunday we went to the beach, on Hilton Head, and absorbed into the throng of tourists. I just don’t get it. Why somebody thinks riding a bike, in 95 degree heat, is vacationing, I’ll never know. My idea of a vacation is to relax, or experience something new or different, but that’s not to say somebody else’s idea is the same. Thank god for Ohioans because they seem to think that riding a bike in hot weather hits the spot.

They had something about taking vacation on one tank of gas in the daily wipe (newspaper) I could think of all kinds of places I could go on one tank of gas. Oh well, there is no recession, everybody (including me) has got some place to go.

1 comment:

Alex said...

I've been hitting the beach quite a bit lately and what strikes me as funny is the number of people who seem to think "vacationing" means "time to sit on the beach and yap on my cell phone about the fact that I'm on the beach."

Another odd development -- this is the year of the tent/awning thing. I guess a lot of people are buying portable whatever-you-call-its and the result is the beach looking like a big tent city.

It's like car camping. Next step: Bring out the couch and DirecTV dish and a portable stove and a portable bathroom and... and ...