Sunday, July 13, 2008

Medicine

Alright, I'm trying hard NOT to make myself look or seem like a mental case. But I do need some form of anti-psychotic/antidepressant. I've been "playing around" with Lexapro. It's common, lots of people take it, the doctors all tell me I should be on it. I don't want to be on it, in fact I don't want to be on anything.

I have this vision of medicine, and it doesn't include me. But the reality of it is, it very much does count me, and I've yet to come to grips with that. It's especially evident when I play around... do I take it, do I not take it... as it throws me in a tale spin. So I've made up my mind even though I hate to admit it, that I do in fact need something like Lexapro.

But then again, the cure is as bad as the disease. The problems I'm having are only compounded by Lexapro, not really fixed. Let's say I'm at 50% with no medicines in me at all, I might be at 60% with the meds... but the underlying problems are still there, and you now have to deal with all the side effects crap from the medicine.... especially stopping dosage.

I guess I'll shoot for 60% and hope maybe something better comes along.

No comments: