Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Reading the Blogs

So here I sit, Monday morning (yes I know you're reading this on Tuesday) wondering what to do. I could get some work done but it's a little too early for that. Browsing the typical haunts on the intra-webs, well I did that already. I think some people just have to bitch because they just can't get around it... so they'll post a gripe about something. Sometimes I do this, but not all the time... I think. Anyway it becomes complaint central, and then what do you do?

I'm still of the opinion that making your own blog is by far better, not to mention it is yours, not the property of anyone else but you. Going through the Lowcountry Blog Jam, I can say that reading it has become a real pleasure. No it's not all factual, or even likable sometimes, but I can honestly say that I respect each person for posting whatever is on their mind.

Is that different than somebody posting something on a spoon fed website? In my opinion yes.

1 comment:

WileyCoyote said...

Well, um, that depends...

I post on a heavily-moderated frum (where I have gone in one year from being a mere member to a Master Pontficator - I told them in Jan that I was going for Master Baiter). Anyway that forum has regulated topics, all having to do with homesteading, self-sufficiency, farming, and survival. People who are rude, who behave as trolls, are tolerated for a little while - but booted after they refuse to calm down. They tried that whole first amendment thing, but frankly there really are some people out there who have nothing to say and insist on saying it. On another forum - less moderated - one 'woman' kept using the N word, caling people spics, faggots, queers, etc until several people were complaining - and they did nothing. So many people finally told the Mods to DO something - the 'ignore' button had no effect - that they finally did.

Yes on the Internet you can be whomever you want - but there is no need to tolerate stupidity (that one moron who homeschooled and insisted that there were 53 states, who also believed that breeding progeny sanctified her, still amazes me) or out and out nastiness.

I wike it here, tho'... these peepuls are smart.