Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I've Been Thinking

I've thought about doing a week of pool pooping this week, but some of my arguments seem to have run it's course. There is the whole single calender school debate. But even my wife is resigned to whatever they say. That's not to say we don't care, because we do, but to put forth so much energy... for something that's ultimately going to mean nothing? We've got better things to do. (The same for the uniform thing) If we're trying to make everybody the same... county wide, well just suck whatever life is left out of us. If Whale Branch is the same as Hilton Head, well How could it be?

I've already touched on the whole irresponsible pet owner thing. What's left? ah, the newspaper. well i guess I could go off on them, but honestly I've not even seen or heard or done anything in their vicinity. There's no hot button issue, like the man who shot the cat dead, or Sun City whatever. I just have no opinion.

So I guess I'll scrap the idea, or at least table it till the 2 year anniversary. What do you, all two of you think? I can't think of anything, but maybe others have some ideas.

5 comments:

Southern Focus Designs said...

I think that sometimes it is good to just relax! LOL

WileyCoyote said...

I too came to the conclusion that protesting and fighting for the right way to do things is a waste of time, energy, effort, and emotional investment. People would rather believe mindless misdirected enthusiasm than facts and rational thought. But that still doesn't mean that I don't have something to say... LOL

Anonymous said...

Well, too bad because the pool-pooping has really caught on. I forget where I read it, probably in the "free" paper, maybe it was a "dart", there are real people really defecating in real local pools. Not just diaper blowouts either.

I thought of you when I read that and said, "Nawww." But you can take credit for starting a movement, so to speak.

Mad Hatter said...

Ha! I forgot about that. Yes I am trend setter aint I? :oD

Unknown said...

Honestly- would most of the regular, daily posters even realize what you were doing? I would venture to say no!