Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hey, Lard Ass

Ok, so everybody knows, or should know that I have have trouble eating. This has caused some weight loss, though I didn't really want it (but did probably need it). But now lets just say I want to eat better, tone up, look better? Looking at pictures from our trip, I don't really like the way I look. 6'4", 250 pounds I'm not morbidly obese or at least I don't think so. But it turns out that in fact I am. I was the skinny guy that when through the chow hall line twice... ok not really, but I was "underweight" not any more. I'm not really sure where or what to do from here. I mean I'd have to lose another 50 pounds before I'd be considered "normal".

I really can't get out and exercise as I should, the stroke doesn't really let me, I get winded just walking around. Ask me a question, and you might as well have put me in a full-nelson. Add to that the only eating certain foods, and my diabetes... the problem only exasperates. I'm sure many a diet is broken along those lines. I know I made the bed I now sleep in, and I know that maybe if I lost weight, or was more healthy, or whatever... maybe I wouldn't have had the stroke, or anything else. But I can't change any of that now.

Do I really need to lose 50 pounds? No, I don't think that is realistic or safe. I'm no athlete but I think that 200 pounds is way too skinny. Maybe 230 is a good place to start. My doctors say that I'm fine, but obviously I'm not. But I can't be one of those people that have no life or any fun, because I'm dieting. I'd rather be fat than do that. The thing is, I only eat twice a day... no breakfast, other than a coffee. So what to do? I guess I'm going to start walking, and hope nobody talks to me, maybe?

I just don't think anyone in my situation is even thinking about this stuff, so there is no support group or anything to lean on. I'm on my own, as usual. Still, I've watched enough TV to know that you take baby steps, then walk, then run... sorta

3 comments:

Bob G. said...

MH:
No one ever said that "running" was mandatory after you learn to walk.
Truth be told, on some(rough) days, I can OUT-LIMP damn near anyone.

Our body lets us do what we NEED to do first...our "wants" might come late.

One step, and one day...at a time.
Keep the Faith!
B.G.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Hunk (I always like tall)...One thing that jumps out at me, along with the not-very-useful self-flagellation about making beds, is the two meals a day. Adding a couple of small, healthy meals might help rev up your metabolism and keep your blood sugar steady so that your body doesn't feel starved and can burn excess "lard." Just a couple of cheese cubes and a handful of grapes, maybe. Or some peanut butter on some celery. Or a yogurt. Or some cottage cheese with hot sauce. I like Zone or Luna bars too, but some people don't like processed stuff.

I can't advise on the toning because I'm a flabby slug myself. :>)

Mad Hatter said...

There is some merit to what you say. But that will only work if I give myself a shot every time I eat. I think that is a major stalling point.

This would be eliminated if I went to a pump, a $3000 investment. As always we'll see. :o)