Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Trying Times

So my youngest daughter is deep into her Terrible Twos. I don't think I've ever been this deep into it since I was 2. It's been pretty bad. And to make things worse, you never know how it's going to be from minute to minute. Take this morning for instance... she kissed me, but then as she and her mom (my wife) were leaving she turned to growling and screaming.

Oh man oh man, days like that make me wonder what the hell was I thinking?!?! Simple really, one day after a nap, and a day of "no" and "my mommy" she walks up to me and gives me a kiss and cuddles up next to me. That is why I love her. Eventually we'll get this all figured out and she'll be nice a lot more... before hating my guts as a teenager I hope. Meanwhile I'll enjoy the good times, because I know they'll be followed by bad. Ah yes, the joy of parenthood.

No comments: