Friday, June 20, 2008

Classic Film Friday: Harvey

Here is a classic film from 1950 that promises screw-ball comedy. Jimmy Stewart is Elwood P. Dowd, an eccentric and friendly alcoholic that has a 6 foot rabbit "Harvey" for a friend. He buys him movie tickets, drinks, pretty much everything. People think he's crazy, but when they try to commit him to the sanitarium he's the only one that looks normal. You never really know if he's crazy or just accommodating. Harvey is certainly not one to miss.



*Watched with the Roku player*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, MH, is there a theme here, other than the "classic" part? Are we going mental? Because honestly I've had enough of mental. Last week I actually spent some time in a psych ward in Ohio. No, not as a patient, but as a visitor, and I'm tellin' ya, it's not my idea of entertainment.

There WAS a time in my life though when a psych ward held some appeal. It's probably enough to say that at that time I volunteered to help with a Valentine's Day party at a mental hospital but was really casing it out in case it was even the least bit appealing. (I had four kids and a suspected alcoholic philanderer in my real home.)

Well, if we're going mental, at least you've made two good choices.
:>))

PB