Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Garden

I think it's time for a garden update, it's certainly hot enough. The tomatoes are going gangbusters really that's all we planted, I mean yes we've got a bell pepper and a few green peppers and we have cucumbers on the way, but tomatoes are what's big.



Which is somewhat ironic, in that I hurt my back getting this thing started, and I think of all the things my taste buds are effected by tomatoes are my new enemy. Now I used to love them, but now the smell of them is to much to bear (the same can be said for onions, olives, and zucchini). So I may just wind up with a bunch of rotting tomatoes or at least giving them to friends.

And that weren't enough, I got a tomato plant, that I didn't plant coming out of the ground. I guess it was a part of last year's crop, but I thought that the seeds from them would not germinate. I don't know but when it bears the fruit, we'll know at least what kind it is... I'm betting it's a cherry tomato.



Finally we have some black berries, this isn't a planned thing, it's just there are out in the woods next to my house. I am reminded of my grandmother whenever black berries are available, she made the most fantastic jelly with them.

No comments: