Friday, June 13, 2008

Classic Film Friday: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

You know who I share my birthday with? Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen and a bunch of other lesser knowns. So I could say that I am the greatest person to ever come out on the 13th of June, born on a Friday at that.

Today's movie is One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. It star Jack Nicholson as R.P. McMurphy a convict that is put in the mental asylum. Louise Fletcher plays Nurse Mildred Ratched, and the two go round and round again and again. This movie has a few other stars including Danny DeVito.

It's a movie about being crazy but really there's a bit of crazy in all of us. It also was the top movie of the time, which is also the year I was born, so here's to me and the movie!

1 comment:

WileyCoyote said...

Sorry I missed your birthday, MH!

"The Cuckoo" is one of my favorite Jack Nicholson movies; although just recently I did enjoy "The Bucket List" too. I do like how Nicholson can make you feel like you would do the same things, for the same reasons - the 'everyman' with that rebellious and stubborn streak, and the sudden, very short relapses into softness and sensitivity, like stepping by accident into pluff mud and slowly trying to extricate himself, are his best portrayals. Good call.