Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Moment in Time

Just when you think, okay, everything is settled down for the most part. You find out that it isn't. The weekend passed, my party, Father's Day, all went well... that is until I talked to my dad. See he had cancer about 4 or 5 years ago. He underwent chemo therapy/radiation treatment and eventually had surgery. I don't have to tell anyone who knows cancer what hell on earth it was, and I wasn't even the one with cancer. And for the most part everything went back to normal. He pretty much worked all his life in and around chemicals, and probably it is going to be what kills him. Be it utility companies or shipyards or big nuclear power houses, that is what the man did.

My father found another lump. In pretty much the same area that he found the first one, maybe it's just nothing, but I'm afraid it's something more. He goes to the doctor and has tests and such in the next couple of weeks. I don't know what to say or what to do. What do you say to someone who has found another lump? I just sat there and listened, I was powerless to do anything else. It never ceases to amaze me how just one moment in time can change your life.

1 comment:

Southern Focus Designs said...

I am so sorry! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I should have read your post before I wrote my post today...I feel very selfish now! LOL