Thursday, June 12, 2008

Gas

So all this talk about higher gas prices has me wondering. I'll own my car outright... as in I'm still making payments on it (at a near 0% interest rate) in another 2 years. Now I drive a small/mid size SUV and it gets anywhere from 25 (if I drive nice) to 22 miles per gallon. I put right about 100 miles a week on the car. What does this all mean? Well I think it means a bunch of nothing.

Sure I've tried to talk the wife into a convertible... to increase gas mileage... but really that's hard to justify in times like these. Even if I went with a small "bean can car" it would be hard to rationalize. It simply cost too much, plus my car with the amount of usage it sees really aint all the bad.

Now if I were driving something more gas guzzling... maybe, but still I don't, so we'll be onto something else by the time I am looking for a new car. Maybe hydrogen, or nuclear or who know really.

1 comment:

Southern Focus Designs said...

I am just glad that I got the Mazda3! I get around 35 MPG!!!!! But it still costs over $40 to fill it up!