Sunday, June 1, 2008

6 months

And so June is upon us, I think about the last six months, what I'm able to do now versus what I couldn't do, and what have I accomplished? On one hand I'm a stroke survivor and I've come back to work months ahead of time, but on the other there's still some lingering things that really have no answer.

My writing in this blog has definitely took a hit, just look back at the entries in September or October. They were posts that were cutting, yet honest. I still feel that way, but can no longer put the thoughts in line to convey the message like I used to. I care less, I just don't have time to waste on much of anything anymore. Maybe it will come back, but I don't know.

My hand writing is atrocious, I mean really, and it used to be pretty good, now even for something as mundane as signing the bill if/when we go out to eat... I simply pass it to my wife. I probably could improve that with practice, but I don't, because 95% of my job is done on computer.

My right hand is still weak, and I could probably fix that too, but don't because I get along pretty well already. I'm not like Quasimodo or anything. It would be and is considered a minor inconvenience by most. My face also just slightly droops, there is nothing I can do about that, except love my wife for putting up with me and facial hair is a good thing. lol

I can't really talk to someone and tell them much of anything, what I mean the common conversation, "how are you, how's the kids, what are you doing this weekend", I can pretty much pass on, but if a problem takes place, it takes me a lot longer to tell somebody... so I usually refer to someone else. Otherwise I'll forget something, or blame the wrong thing/person. I don't think anybody can fix that.

I've lost about 35 pounds, and I probably could stand to lose more, but I didn't mean to and basically the only reason I haven't lost even more was because I still like the sweet stuff. So maybe I don't eat any dinner, but I'll eat M&M's or cookies or Key Lime Pie.


Still I've come a long way, I'm not exactly as good as I thought I would be but still. It kind of feels strange now, saying I've had a stroke. I wish it never happened, but I'm sure everyone does. So now I contemplate my birthday and the next 6 months.

No comments: