Monday, June 9, 2008

The Grill

I went out and got me a cheap charcoal grill. The $30 model at Wal-Mart. What I really want is a $150-250 cooker... but we're dealing with a recession right now... plus this one is portable. In fact we inaugurated our first cookout on it by loading up the car and traveling to our community pool (a whole 3 blocks away). Anyway we packed it, and tried it out and though it was like 300 degrees outside and we had minor nuances we are going to use it again and again and again. You just can't get the same flavor from propane (and almost every thing taste bad to me... so that's saying something).

We swam, about 4 or 5 hours altogether and BBQ'ed and basically relaxed. It was a good day, Very strange that people would buy a book, take it to the pool and be all enthralled in it... enough that you turn the pages, while your in the pool... and there's say 10-20 kids all around you. Me I don't get it, but it takes all kinds.

No comments: