Saturday, June 14, 2008

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

There are moments in time that are clearly defined. One of those moments presented itself recently. My 2-year-old is amazing, and to emphasize this she gives me just a glimpse into her world. She now knows all the words to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", she actually knows quite a few songs, including her ABC's but anyway. She's good with words and enunciating them... so much that it's rare that we get anything funny out of her.

A model student, for sure. Her mother is very proud. But then she'll do something like fart or laugh because somebody fell down and make her just like a million other kids. But no two kids are the same and my two girls surely aren't. That makes me feel pretty good, because my 12-year-old is making me pull all my hair out. By the time my 2-year-old is in the 12-year-old's spot I hope that I'll be able to better adjust and lead her in the right direction.

But what if I don't? What you can't control will worry you to death... if you let it. What if I have a dummy, or what if she contracts some rare disease or gets one that you have? The worry of every parent all around the world I'm sure. Still it's the treasures you remember and my little girl singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" while we're laying out on the hammock is with me now and forever.

No comments: