Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hurty Back and How to Get Rid of an Oyster

I have to share something and it probably isn't fit to say in mixed company, or really anybody, but it is funny.

**********************************

Ok all the goody two-shoes gone?

On top of a hurting back, I caught a bit of a cold. So anyway I haven't really been able to cough the junk up normally, because of the pain in my back. I still cough, but not the full fledged bottom of your lungs type cough. I was taking a shower this morning and I just couldn't hold it in anymore. I'm standing there holding my back in agony while I have an oyster in my mouth. So I keep going from hurt back to oyster, because it hasn't fully come up yet. If you get this vision of somebody bent over then catching himself midway that pretty much nails it. Throughout the whole process I begin to laugh uncontrollably, because it really is funny. I Finally give one last cough, the booger comes out, and I am released for the time being. Maybe you had to be there, or maybe not but there you have it. Not the epitome of a good story, but still a funny one none the less.

2 comments:

Chelle Blögger said...

Ewwwwwwww! Now I shall go through my day with that mental image, but it is a really funny story.

There is Nothing worse than a hurt back!

Just sneezing can make you want to cry when your back hurts like that!

Glad you got the oyster out though. ;)

Bob G. said...

Had a cousin who coughed so hard once, she cracked a RIB...!

And I had a back injury years ago that left me with a multi-hued dorsal area for weeks.

Getting dressed was a daily "adventure".

Breathing wasn't all that much fun either (deep breaths anyway), and coughing, sneezing, laughing, or grunting was OUT of the question.

Taking some bourbon for "medicinal purposes" however, was NOT.

;)

B.G.
oyster...LOL
(we called them phlemballs)