Friday, March 7, 2008

Thank You

I'm not sure if I said this, and believe me I'm far from fully recovered, but I really do want to thank anyone who has wished my well or speedy recovery when I wasn't even sure I could hold a pen to paper, or type, or anything else. I was rummaging through blogs during that time, I can't even believe it happened to me. I know that most of you won't know what it's really like to go through a stroke, and that's ok, I hope you never do, but it does mean something to me, and I don't think I can really put it into words however this is my attempt.

This really was and is a story of progression. One day I can do nothing with my hand, a couple of days later I'm eating with it, well trying to eat with it anyway. A lot of things came back quickly, others still aint quite right. But the whole of me is for the most part better, or at least good enough. I can thank my doctors, nurses, physical, speech, and occupational therapists. And I do, but those are people that are paid to make me better, and being in the business myself, if they didn't get paid, they wouldn't be there.

Next is family, my wife for standing by me, even though I wouldn't have, my mom for dropping everything, including her job, to come out and make me feel better (as only a mother could). My siblings for calling, because honestly I didn't know you even cared. And my work and I list them as family, because they stood by me... for months when we didn't know what would happen.

Finally we're to friends. You are special because you picked me and I picked you. There's not really anything above that comes close to that. From the gift cards to buy something to eat, and believe me when I tell you, I lost weight, to just the letters and comments I've gotten. I will always cherish them.

You made a Cajun boy really learn something about human nature. I think the future is going to be ok when I'm reminded of that. Again thank you so much. There really isn't anything I can do to repay you, but I'm really glad I can call you friend.

2 comments:

Alex said...

Glad you're feeling better. Sounds like a long road...best wishes as you continue the progression.

Anonymous said...

Well, MH, I owe a lotta love to Cajuns because they were so nice to me and my daughter when I flushed the car keys down the toilet somewhere between Lafayette and Lake Charles. And I'm still praying for ya. P(eachy)B