Thursday, March 20, 2008

School Calendar

Well they went and did it, the school calendar I mean. Never mind that I was talking about this for over a month, still what is done is done and in a few years, you won't even remember that we had two calendars. Thankfully for me, mine is on traditional just started this year, the wife is on year-round and the little one isn't on anything yet. I do find it funny that a certain news reporter likes to put a "spin" on "the version that got teachers and students on both calendars out of school one week earlier in the summer ruled the day." Actually each school was given just one vote, and the SIC another vote, so ultimately the most any school could have is 2 votes. I wonder if she even asked. Why not let each teacher pick...hmmmmm???

And really what choice was given? Have an extra week off in the summer, or an extra week off for fall break. This really is the setup for one calendar, nothing else, why it gets repeated in the newspapers the way it has is beyond me. Oh wait, maybe we should kiss up to the district because after all they have our children.

No comments: