Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Morning Commute

This morning was one of those pea soup kinda mornings. It was foggy, and it was thick. Just pulling out from my house apparently was dangerous thing. It never fails that I am somehow a trauma magnet. Whether it's the guy in the new car with no lights on or the old beater that doesn't have working lights, they all gravitate to me.

Just last week a guy ran a red light and almost hit me, it's merely a factor of time before I see someone die or am somehow wrapped up in the mess they create. You'd think people would put their thinking caps on when they get in the car but just the opposite is true.

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

Hatter:
My late father had a saying that stuck with me all these years:
"Driving is your SECOND job".
And he treated it as such, which meant HE didn't screw around.

We used to call those "bad" drivers the ones who apparenly got their licenses from PEP BOYS, because the BMV wouldn't touch them with a 10 ft. pole.

And in my state (Indiana) they don't do yearly vehicle inpections (like they did in PA), so you just KNOW all kinds of bulbs are burned out, brakes have rotted lines, tires are baloney-skins, and the average driver here is as bright as a small appliance bulb.
Yet the state wonders WHY there are SO many accidents...(DUH)!

Thank the maker I listened to my Dad!

B.G.
(always carries his brain when driving in it's "original" container)