Monday, March 10, 2008

Daylight Savings Time

Daylight Savings Time is, for most part, a great waste of energy. Of course add to it that I may have a cold coming on... it just gets that much worse. I don't even really remember why we do the time change... I think it's for farmers or to make us use less energy, something like that, but all it does to me is disrupt sleep. And to our 2-year-old, it makes life a little less tolerable. She now has to go to bed before the sun goes down, not all that bad, but we just changed her bed, so now she has an open invitation to do practically anything.

Even that wouldn't really be a problem if just one time was used, why we insist on this broken down system, I'll never know. And then all the hubbub of them changing the dates that we were going to the "Savings Time" this year thew even more salt on the wound.

Yes, in a couple of days I'll get used to this time, because we all will adjust. I just don't like to adjust for no reason, and I'm sick. I've been changing the clocks... more times than I really wish to say, because that's part of my job. So maybe I don't hate the time change after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As we know, I'm old. So maybe that's the reason why I haven't done well with this change to DST. Now we're 10 days into it, and I am so messed up that it is 12:40 a.m. and I am watching The View (from this morning...don't ask). My opinion is that for some body systems the earlier change this year was just too drastic. And my further opinion is that if we're going to do 8 or 9 months on DST we might as well do the whole 12 and call it a different time zone. When I am standing out in the driveway with a flashlight looking for my paper on four hours of sleep, something is very wrong. I am so, so sorry that the delivery people came along at just that moment and scared me but not as much as I probably scared them, the way I looked. (Gosh this is long; maybe I need my own blog or some sleep.) (Hope your back feels better.) (I know this is all out of sync.) (Oh, well.) PB