Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

I woke up about a quarter to seven... not exactly ready for the day. I had for the most part make it look like the Easter Bunny came to visit. So I got up, my wife had already been up for over a hour, because my littlest one has the flu, and I began the whole facade.

We went outside, about 8:00 and of course the little one was excited, but it was under the assertion of the flu... she had a flu shot by the way. See it's been a sort of quasi-tradition of mine to make the kids run all over the place looking for eggs, treats, or some other goody the Easter Bunny has left them. It's pretty cool, but alas Jesus has pretty much been taken out of Easter. I just can't do it. About the most religion I can muster is a viewing of Jesus Christ Superstar. I guess that makes me a heathen. Oh well.

I've learned long ago that just because someone doesn't keep the sabbath day holy, doesn't make them evil, and vice versa. In fact I'd chose the occasional drinker/smoker way before I'd pick the holy roller. But there are all kinds of people out there, so it doesn't matter anyway. It does seem funny that while, and this is spoken in generalities because everyone is so different, the uncommitted or non-religious can pretty much put up with whatever, however the same cannot be put the other way around. Still there won't be any god in conversations around the garage or TV... it just doesn't work that way. And while I can appreciate that, because I really don't have time for those people... it makes me wonder if that's the problem, or at least part of it.

Happy Easter to everyone all the same. Let's remember the message of the person Easter's about, not propaganda or dogma or anything else.

No comments: