Friday, December 5, 2008

We Missed It... Barely

My daughter come into our bedroom at 4am, crying that her stomach hurt, could see sleep with us. My wife, thinking that this was some kind of evil attention getting plan, let her in, though we wondered. Not 2 minutes after the little one is nestled in between us, I hear it.

The gasping and churning of someone about to throw up. My wife, much more alert than me, gets the child out of our bed and that is when our daughter lets go. So she threw up, again and again and again, god bless her.

In a only "sort of awake" way, I got my wife a towel. She has a bit of cynicism in her, and I love her for it. That and she got me (and herself) out of being the main target of a vomit attach. Yes, I'd say it's true love. :o)

2 comments:

"P. B." said...

Ah, those were the days. My second and fourth children were prolific up-chuckers. The irony is that the son of #2 has never in all his four years vomited. Maybe we should start a pool about when his first time will be.

"P. B." said...

I meant to say "those were the days and nights." Night's worse.