Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanks for What...Nothing

I'm thinking about dropping out... of SIC (School Improvement Council) that is. I don't want to step on anybody's toes, or offend anybody but god damn. People are worried about their kid taking high school classes in middle school, so they can take college classes in high school. Um, yeah you are really looking out for EVERYONE right? How about some issues that affect every kid? or at least most kids.

Leave the smart ones and the poor ones alone, what kind of attention do your average students get? None. at all. So now I wonder why I ever started going to these things? I thought I would make a difference, but clearly I won't/can't/don't. So I'm thinking of dropping out.

4 comments:

WileyCoyote said...

"Average" students? In Bluffton? Are you MAD???

There ARE no average students in the Beaufort County Schools. There are only the absolutely brilliant darlings, and the 'poor, poor kids' whom everyone pities, commiserates over, and feels sooo sooo sorry for (only so they can justify and juxtapose them against their own "brilliant" children).

Elitist? How DARE you? Yuppie puppie? What a thing to say! Soccer Mom? Hmph... you don't know what you are talking about; other moms SAY their kids are perfect, but ours actually ARE.

Yawn. As smart and cognizant as you are, I'm surprised you've stuck it out this long without breaking bad. Not that there would be any point. Aren't these the same simple simpering minds on the BT blogs (like the one who INSISTED that there were 53 states?) - and THAT is only a mere sampling of the community at large.

Mad Hatter said...

They mean well... I guess, but seriously. And now my wife is elected... which means well I don't really know what that means.

WileyCoyote said...

LOL yeah, THAT's what I want on MY tombstone - "She meant well". Good grief. Anyone who says that about someone else might as well say - "Bless their hearts!" right afterward. Talk about a backhanded insult!

No one "means well" - either they DO well or they don't. The road to hell is paved with good intentions - and the road to Puragtory (the Mediocre hell) is paved with "But I MEANT well". Mediocrity should not be accepted, anytime, anywhere. They should do something positive, forceful, different - or sit down and shut up, do nothing at all, and stop getting in peoples' way!

JMHO of course. hee hee.

Mad Hatter said...

The is so much truth in what you say, but I and my wife, cannot come up with anything to offer that may be better. I mean, how would you improve the school? It seems that we've painted ourselves in a corner.