Saturday, December 27, 2008

Body Squeegee

I have some of my best ideas in the shower, or at least I think I do, it's just that I always forget them once the towel hits my body. Well this one idea involves my father. We grew up in this very small house in Gretna, which is just to the west of New Orleans, the white trash of New Orleans if you will. It was a 2 bedroom chalet, about 800 sq ft, needless to say there was only one bathroom. Me, my brother, and many times my father had to bathe together. I think the same held true for the females, but I can't say for sure.

Its when you are standing there naked with your father and brother (also naked) that moments of high intellect come through. See we didn't even have a shower, just a tub and a hand sprayer, kind of like the one many people have in their kitchen. For me it was not a problem, since I didn't like the shower, but anyway. My dad would squat down in the tub and take a shower, again me thinking nothing of it. Now I have 3 bathrooms, something I never even knew existed. How we grow huh?

So my father, never one to waste anything has this theory, or maybe motto is a better term. Basically you had to "squeegee" off all the water on your body, before you could dry off with a towel. If you're anything like me you're thinking.... WTF, I paid good money to have a nice towel... use it! Well, not him, and because of something ingrained into my head, not me either.

That is unless I catch myself, which is typically mid-squeegee and I don't even know if that really works...

1 comment:

jeanette said...

Okay, so I squeegee after the shower, too. I don't know why, or where I picked it up. But, tonight during my shower, I remembered wooden body squeegees that I used to see at craft fairs years and years ago. So I went on a google hunt for body squeegees.

Which led me to your blog.

Thanks for the good reading!

Oh, and here is a fancy body squeegee if you are interested:
http://www.bodyflick.co.uk/thebodyflik.htm