Monday, December 22, 2008

The Immortal Cookie Recipe

Ok so I've been talking to my baker wife about the ultimate cookie recipe. Well, it turns out that this recipe is in my mother's head. Yeah, I know, I'm setting up my wife to fail, also it may not be so immortal after all. What I tasted as a kid and what I taste now is two completely different things.

But that's not to say that my childhood was somehow wrong. I still think my mother's sugar cookie recipe is good, in fact I'd go so far as to list it in the top 3. I think having a little piece of your childhood again easily makes something more decadent. But for my wife tasting said cookie for the first time, not so much.

I was going to post the recipe here, but it turns out my mother is writing a cookbook, and she does not want to give anything away. I will say that these cookies are thin, squished by a glass with colored sugar, they do not travel well at all. But they are good. Crisp, not too sweet, and with a hint of vanilla... I'm getting hungry just thinking about them.

I plan on making these and setting them out for Santa. It's like a win-win, isn't it?

No comments: