Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The One Time We Get A Little Peace

So I was thinking, late at night, or actually early in the morning... That this time of year is one of the few gifts us parents are given. The whole "you better be good, Santa is watching" thing. I used it, at 4 am, because my 2-year-old is sick, and awake.

I told her, sang to her really... and it wasn't pretty, but only she and I could hear so it didn't matter... the you better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout, I'm telling you why...
And with that I get a bit of a get out of "jail free" card, because all other discussion is a moot point.

I don't get asked why, or how, or anything... the kid just does what is right and I get off easy. At least until Christmas. Then it's back to the regular same ole' same ole'. There is some reprieve around Easter, but otherwise there is nothing else. You can't say "Be good" in say June or July, and instantly be listened to, not that my kids are bad, because they're not, but saying "Be good" this time of year gets you a lot further along.

So I'm going to enjoy it, while I can.

No comments: