Thursday, March 5, 2009

To Savannah, The Historic District

So we went into Savannah this time. Though really my wife wanted to go to the Spring in the South craft show, and I tagged along taking my 13-year-old with me, because I'm just like that.


Ok so we started our journey here, that is on this side of the river, the actual Savannah side over there.



This is one of the ships coming into port, I tried to explain that the ships coming into New Orleans were even bigger, and more numerous, to my daughter, but you really can't explain anything to a 13-year-old, can you?


We crossed the river via the ferry that goes from the Westin to River street, in the background you can see the Talmadge Bridge.



This tree, on River street, looks to have needed some bracing. It didn't get any, but it seems healthy.



This is just parking between River and Bay streets.



Another view between the two streets.



Which brings us to this. Yes, be careful, there are stairs nearby...



I just like the way the oak tree seems 'twisted'... Plus, I cropped out a bum that was kind of funny, but anyway... you had to be there.

A fountain!


This was my attempt to mortally embarrass my daughter, she blocked my efforts.
You win this time pesky teenager...


So Savannah has these cross lights that talk to you. Telling you to "Wait" every 10 seconds or so

I'm sorry, what? Oh I can walk across the street now? Goodbye.


And finally, it is good to know that someone is looking after our soul, I mean really. Fighting for freedom? Thanks Jesus.

No comments: