Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Recycling

I have to go on a bit of a rant here. What is the deal with recycling in Beaufort County? You put everything in the same recycling bin, and that is recycling? I thought you had to separate and clean and you know... work?!? Instead, we just break some boxes down, and throw them right next to the plastic bottles and viola that's recycling?

Hell they pick it up with the same truck just different days as the regular garbage. Maybe somebody should show me the way to enlighten me, but my guess, and this is just my opinion, all the garbage and recycling goes to the same pile. I'm just saying... If I'm wrong then so be it, I just don't see how any of this makes sense.

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MH:
Ditto here in Indiana...all the stuff goes into the same truck (but with separate areas for glass/plastic and metal).

The recycle places are supposed to sort it all out at the facility (we can hope), thereby bypassing the landfill problems.
All I know is that we're about the ONLY PEOPLE that recycle in OUR neighborhood in our city.

Everyone else uses the brown & yellow bins for supplimentary seating when they have an "all-nighter" down the block (on a Wednesday night), complete with ALL those booze bottles and plastic jugs of orange drink!

Funny thing, neighboring states have DEPOSITS on those beer bottles (up to a 5 cents per bottle), so why don't these mooks drive one state over and cash all their empties in?

Gotta love the enforcement (NOT) behind all this crap, eh?

B.G.