Saturday, March 7, 2009

And then... I Fell On My Face

You know that point when you know something bad is going to happen but there really isn't anything you can do about it... so within a fraction of a second you resolve to have that bad something, happen?

What the hell am I talking about? I basically fell down the stairs. It was a bad tumble, and though I did what I could, I could not fight inertia or gravity. I was unhurt, barring my pride might be injured, but I did just talk about how I could zip up the stairs, without using hand rails.

It was funny, how you think of everything, within a few seconds and then it comes crashing down around you. To make it seem even worse, I've never fell down the stairs before. I fell from about the 6th step up (I was heading downstairs), and there is a 90 degree turn involved, and tile floor is what eventually stopped the fall. It was bad. But not so bad that I could not laugh at myself and so I did, and shared it with the public so that maybe you too can laugh at something stupid that I did. There's nothing better to keep a man humble than to laugh at your own mistakes.

No comments: