Friday, March 13, 2009

Day Off

Ok, Friday is my first day off in over a year. A day off, all to myself, sorta'. See my mom is flying in for the weekend. She and I are kindred souls, or at least I would like to think so. Being the oldest gives you that right to decide that I think. I've know my mother longer than any of her other kids, and I've had experiences with her that log in a moment in time... usually things like us splitting a grilled cheese and a can of soup, or other foods or 13 inch black and white TV in our living room.

We were admittedly poor, but we had each other, and that was worth something. My little brother is somewhat meeting her in Atlanta and then they'll both fly together to Savannah. I hope we have fun, because lord knows, I need a break.

We're definitely going to Charleston, and we're surely going to get some oysters somewhere but other than that we're wide open to suggestions. But there will not be a Classic Film Friday this week. Yes, I know, many people rely on Classic Film Friday to kick off their weekend, but alas not this weekend (there is sarcasm there). Go outside and spend some money... not necessarily a lot, just enough, but a plant or some new paint or a new bathing suit... Spring has come, and we all need to be ready for it! :o)

Meanwhile, don't bother me, I'm vacationing.

No comments: