Monday, March 23, 2009

Bad Posture and Cars

It's kind of odd, the way I'm proportioned. You see, I'm 6'4" but that is just half the story. I have an abnormally long torso, which means I kind of sit funny, or slouching over (especially in the car). I have legs about the same length of a normal guy, but a really long chest/stomach area. So why m I saying all of this? Because of cars.


This is the veiw I have when I sit up straight and correct.


This is what I get when I hunch over... and as you can see... It is much more, all the way around.

So does anyone think I have a case against the car manufacturers? No? I didn't think so either.

1 comment:

WileyCoyote said...

Hmmm... I have the opposite problem. I am VERY short. So short that I really DID have blocks attached to the gas and brake pedals on my first car! (Ha. Ha. Very. Funny. Dad.) I can barely see over the steering wheel if I sit far enough back from the wheel to avoid getting schmacked in the face by the airbag.

Not to mention that because of my endowments, the seat belt is usually regulated to a lap belt with the shoulder part behind my arm. Otherwise I have a raw spot on my neck and throat. (Yeah, I tried those cool belt clips. Unfortunately, with my endowments, everytime I move, they POP off and hit the windshield.)

Like clothes, "one size fits all" - doesn't. Grrrrrr.