Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sunday... Not the Time to Go Do Anything in Charleston

I like the place. I mean I really really do, but nothing opens up for business until 12 or 1pm. Well heck I really didn't want to be hanging around or at least I thought we would be heading back no later than 3... it presents a conundrum.

Originally we were gonna stop by Angel Oak in the am, have some lunch with friends, then walk around the city until my youngest couldn't take it anymore. But right from the start we should have known. The weather was crap. I mean it was bad. Not raining, but it might as well have been.


A very gray day.

This is the angel oak...

...from outside the fence.

Here is some barbed wire that has been swallowed by another tree.

On to the Buccaneer Restaurant...

This cannon, looks intricate... to blow your head off.


Finally, we arrive at market street. This is the back

and this is the front. Notice the sky? It was not like that for long.


And this is just one of dozens of church steeples.


And finally, a fountain, who doesn't like a fountain?

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MH:
That was a wonderful "tour" of the area...loads of history there.

Love that restaurant.