Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Good and The Bad

So we walked down to our community park, the weather let us, it is going to get cold again, cold for this area anyway. And we strolled in and what did we see? Several kids "running up" the slide. This is unfathomable to my 3-year-old. And she let us know.

But what is one to do, when five kids are doing the wrong thing, and your one is doing what is right? It's a conundrum I tell you. We told the 3-year-old that even though they were wrong, and it seemed fun, she was right, and we appreciated it. I don't know how far that will get us. If I was a kid, I'd be running up the slide too.

But hopefully she will be my wife's daughter, and listen to the rules... Unlike the 13-year-old who shaved her dog bald. Well, at least the half of her bald anyway. She didn't bother with telling me until it was too late. She said she was trying to "even everything out". Well, I think it would have been better to just have one spot that looks kind of funny, instead of a pitiful dog, that looks like it's been operated on or something. The things kids do I tell ya...

No comments: