Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I Think He'll Make It...

Ahhh. What a release, to not worry over work and just have some fun. I haven't had fun like that in a long time. There is something about having the day off and having it off on Saturday or Sunday doesn't count. Of course there was lots of people who had the day off with me... with the whole St. Patrick's Day thing in Savannah. But still.

My mom is still my mother, with all of her idiosyncrasies, which is not at all bad. My brother is not my "little brother" anymore either. And yet he is. He is funny, like laugh out loud funny. Actually, "wreck the car" funny... or close to it. Laughter was in high supply all weekend through.

Not that my normal everyday life is in laughter deprivation, it's just well, you have to know my brother... He'll do things like impersonate Arnold Schwarzenegger to the check out lady, or turn our heads by acting "gay" or dance a jig in the middle of the street. He is just like that, always has been.

My daughters had fun too, even the teenager. And that may have been the kicker in all of this. With one three day visit my mother has possibly made up my daughter's mind for her. We'll see. Meanwhile my youngest has had a great time with my brother, because up until now, she has never really met anyone like him. Deep down, he is a shy kid (20-year-old) but you'd never guess it if you met him. He's never had a girlfriend, though they show an interest in him. Never really worked, never had much of anything. Besides me there was no other male in the house, with 3 sisters and my mother.

I never would have imagined that he would amount to much, he was, for all intents and purposes listed as an ADHD kid. But now when he talks to me, really talks, it is quite pleasant. I'm not sure if he will be famous or rich or both, but I think he'll make it. As always... we'll see.


No comments: