Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hot/Cold

I had a hot/cold moment after work yesterday. The hot moment was driving home from wal-mart and seeing a double rainbow. It truly was impressive. My two year old also got to see it, and I believe it was her first one. What a way to start out. I was going to take a picture, but alas by the time we got home it was gone. So fleeting is the life of a rainbow. It was just around sunset which also meant the gnats were out in full force. And really, they were at a 10 out of 10. But that wasn't even the bad part if the day.

In the cold section I found 3 dogs, of which I believe one was in heat in my back yard. I tried to pin them down, but they were too elusive. How in the world can people own a pet and let it run free? I just can't fathom how, in this town, which is on the surface anyway, is the dog lovers capital of the world, anyone could allow dog to run free. Anyway there was a German Shepard, a black lab mixed dog, and a medium to large sized terrier. If you are looking for them, I'll tell you where I saw them last... and I can tell you I live right next to gators.

Gnats were biting, chewing, and otherwise eating me alive, but at least I tried. And the German Shepard looked to be full blooded... A shame. They ran off into the woods, of which it's inhabitants are even more hungry for blood, so I dare not follow.

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

MH:
ONe of the saddest parts to all these animal owners that just (like many court systems do to criminals) TURN THEIR PETS LOOSE, is that they also have this propensity to have CHILDREN.
And we know how a lot of that winds up as well.

B.G.

Alex said...

I've seen two dogs hit by cars in my neighborhood...it's terrible. I'm not sure why anyone would think it's a good idea to just set a dog "free" to roam.

Nevermind the overall nuisance of a lazy pet owner ignoring the fact that their animals are crapping in your yard.