Friday, April 25, 2008

Classic Film Friday: Gandhi

Ok this is not your everyday movie. In fact it took us two days to watch. Anything over two hours is a fairly tall investment to ask someone to make, this movie was just over 3. I think if you take Gandhi for what he's worth, everything will come out, unfortunately we all have preconceived circumstances and that almost always makes us discriminate something.

Gandhi is the purest form of non-violent tolerance. His ability to practice acceptance not only of race, or gender, or religion is great, but he takes it to another level when he bucks the system with even including the untouchables, you can see why there's no other like him. What the man had to go through and the trials he faced is pretty unbelievable. But even more than that, my 2-year-old daughter sat for more than two hours watching this movie. That's insane, but it happened.

I say that while the movie is not exactly a classic, it is worth seeing. Would a 2-year-old lie?

2 comments:

Southern Focus Designs said...

I wonder if that would work for my 8 and 11 year old? LOL

Mad Hatter said...

I don't know, it is a captivating movie. My 2-year-old stayed up an hour past her bedtime because she simply couldn't tear her eye's away. Still, it's weird