Thursday, April 24, 2008

Operation Vigilant Guard

I won't be one to critic a drill, but I do wonder about the scope and effectiveness of this particular drill. I know to properly drill, you can not really worry about money, and it's good that the government is doing this thing, because they always have money to waste. But there were some critical players left out of this drill and some, like the 3,000 National Guard, included that won't be here if/when this really does happen.

Having been a part of the military, I know how what's intended and what is actually delivered is two completely different animals. The military has a tendency to concentrate on the military and that leaves the civilian population wanting something more. Again I'm not faulting anyone, but the scale of this drill has got to make you wonder.

You can't really drill on some things, you can do your best, and all the people involved are clearly doing that, I just wish without having an actual disaster that the real people... the one's too busy doing their job to drill... were more involved.

No comments: