Friday, April 25, 2008

The Cat Murders

All this hubbub about a cat, I don't know. I mean really his side of the story has yet to be heard, but in paper he looks guilty as hell.... but that is on paper. Let me tell you about a teenage boy (me) who loved animals.

One day I was in a hurry, and I wasn't watching what I was doing. Meanwhile a momma cat had her kittens under the porch steps. In a hurry, probably to see my girlfriend I run down the steps, and on the last step I feel a crunch. Yep, I just killed a kitten. Stupid me, for not thinking, but he was still dead. That crunch is unforgettable.

Never mind that I used to watch my brother shoot cats (we had a feral/tame colony) for fun. In fact he'd shoot them, then pet them a couple of hours later and you could feel the BB's under the skin. Yes I think that is horrible, but that does change the fact that it happened. And cats are just like that.

Back to the dead kitten. I took it over to my grandma who lived with us, and she pronounced what was already painfully obvious that it was dead. But it really didn't mean much to anybody around and I think that is in glaring contradiction to what happened this week. My grandmother made her living off of dead animals. And still to this day I can remember the eyes of deer moving back and forth as she had me cut off the antlers (she was a taxidermist). This was absolutely nothing at all. In fact the momma cat had 5 more kittens, and there was never any shortage of cats anyway.

So hold out until you know the whole story. You never know who might be a cat killer.

5 comments:

Born_In_Beaufort said...

Yes, Hodge took it too far by shooting the cat, BUT, the Bluffton PD issued him a ticket, he paid it. Case closed? Some want him burned @ the stake. It was a cat FFS. I wish those people were as passionate when it came to school referendums!

Mad Hatter said...

I agree BIB, that's why I can't understand... but hey dogs, cats, whatever are people too.

Anonymous said...

I read that not only did that cat look rabid; it was also trying to kill an innocent butterfly. I'm glad Hodges shot that cat. Think of all the butterflies that were saved as a result of his actions. I'm surprised there isn't more outrage over the number of innocent butterflies that are killed by loose cats. Aren’t butterflies people, too?

-sanddollar

Mad Hatter said...

I don't know, but that story by the IP was down right unforgivable

Anonymous said...

you have to be sorry for the cats , as a warning to trigger happy americans today you kill us , but tommorow you'll be killing yourselves , in school shoot out that we watch on our man tvs , peeple keep us as aguilt trip , cause they feel lonly in a world full opane , we are the ferst with brane in animal kind , wile you still pickin yore arse in trees , you have no thort for other kind mus go now feeder comms