Saturday, April 12, 2008

It's Working

Ok, you might have noticed the blog catalog button to the right there. I did not know that people make money, or a considerable amount of money blogging. There are even blogs about blogging, I don’t get it and unless somebody shows up with a boatload of money I’m not going to get paid, so why have it? I don’t know really. It’s good to step away from this little hamlet of the Lowcountry now and then, I suppose. Plus I thought I might be able to drum up bloggers there… but no dice.

Basically you have a list of friends there, and they’re only interested in getting more people to be their friends, I'm sure there's exceptions, but anyway. Honestly, how are you keeping up with 300 or even 3000 friends? You’re not, not at all. In fact my analytics tells me that they are for the most part not bringing me any traffic, save the one or two times that they initially visited.

The most viewers are from Bluffton, then Hilton Head, then Savannah. I appreciate the readership. Which is kind hard to keep up with when you subscribe, but really there is no better way to do it than plug in a RSS reader. My stats, which I probably pay too much attention to, have been steadily going up. And to a point, so too has my recovery. Weird huh? I never would have dreamt this would work. I mean when I called BT quits, I thought I was a goner.

1. I’ll not have anybody pay attention to me.

or

2. No one will bother with me.

Well I was wrong. But it has not been easy. It would be a lot easier to either fade into nothing or re-name myself in one of the newspaper websites. Instead hard work has paid off. If you can call this work. So I don’t need the blog catalog, or any newspaper to make it, but I do need YOU. I need you to read my blog and build your own to be added to the Blog Jam. That’s all I really need.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't fade. Don't rename. I'll keep reading already. I had no idea that you were keeping stats. I didn't know I could either. Here's a quote I heard this a.m. "The entire internet is a tankful of jumping sharks." Say what? But please protect your fishies. I really like them.

Bob G. said...

You've got a reader in Ft. Wayne, Indiana, too....and a link to you on my blog.

B.G.