Thursday, April 3, 2008

Traffic

I have to say... I do not have to deal with traffic, or I should say I don't have to put up with the island traffic. I won't tell you where I work, but it is some where... not related to the island. As far as traffic though, most people should be happy that they have it, because around here that means people going to work. We certainly would not want the alternative would we?

When I lived in northern Georgia I had a job where I pretty much drove... everywhere. I could map it out for you, but let's just say Atlanta, and there you have it. Seriously that town had a traffic problem. I'm glad I can put that place in my "rear view". But as bad as that was it was still nothing when compared to Seoul, South Korea.

They had guys selling stuff in the traffic there. Lets say downtown Atlanta and put guys selling food and/or drinks in the mix. Insane. While I was there in Seoul a bridge collapsed. A mall also collapsed, and a US Army helicopter pilot was "captured"... it was quite a time to be over there, though our money (dollar) wasn't doing so good. A year later I heard you could buy suits, or... pretty much anything at 1/2 price that I paid earlier.

Anyway, back to traffic. Just look at it as our economy is maybe not doing so bad as other places. I mean as expensive as gas is, and bouts of road rage aside, it could be worse right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never been to Seoul, but one of my mantras is, "You can do this; you crossed the street in Saigon." Crazy traffic there too. It is totally counterintuitive to step out into that, but that's what you have to do: just step out into the traffic and let it flow around you. If you are with someone, you do NOT hold hands. Mopeds, pedicabs, bicycles, teeny cars, all comin' at ya. I did it, and I'm glad. :>)