Sunday, April 20, 2008

How About Some Soft Shelled Crab?

We went out to Port Royal to check out the soft shelled crab festival. It was nice, the weather was good and for the time we got there, which was toward the beginning crowds were manageable. some things I wondered while there...

Lots of dogs, lots and lots and lots. In fact one owner let one take a dump right behind us and he didn't bother to pick it up. Nice. Anyway while watching all this humanity pass me by, along with accompanying four-legged friends, I watched and I wondered if it was worth the trouble. I mean I have dogs and I've taken them with me, but now I can't help but say... stay home. No sniffing anybody crotch, or getting into fights with other dogs, or god forbid them pooping somewhere.

I actually took my wife to the soft shelled crab fest 3 years ago when we were dating. We haven't been back. Funny how time flies. It was easy to spend $50 without thinking about it. There was some soft shelled crab available. And there was plenty of dancing... if you were 2 or younger. Still it was a good time and nice weather, worth it in my opinion.

No comments: