Monday, January 12, 2009

Which Is It???

I'm at a bit of a crossroads. Well not really, there's no choice involved. But still, I can't wrap my head around two, very different accounts of the same thing. Is it hot or cold, blue or red, rough or smooth? The reports I'm talking about are:

The Best Careers for 2009

and

A Look At Hospital Troubles Across the Country

One looks at the future and one looks at what's already happened. I just don't get it. I work in the health care business and I tend to see things from the latter viewpoint, because that is what is, and the other is just wishful thinking. Sure you could snag yourself a job in health care, but what happens if a hospital closes? All of those people are now also looking for a job. Maybe if you are mobile, single and don't have kids or own your house... maybe then... maybe...

I think we are in a recession and that means everyone is cutting back and shopping around for the best deal. It can't be helped can it? Hold on, try to hold on, and maybe we'll all make it out of this. We'll see in the coming months I suppose, because nothing is as relentless as time.

No comments: