Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Trouble With Living in The Lowcountry

And so we started taking all the Christmas down last weekend. I can not believe how much house we have until January. We are blessed, or lucky, or whatever. I put it all away in the attic. There was one caveat though.

Gnats.

I mean hundreds if not thousands of gnats. You'd think that with the freezing temperatures in the past few weeks would have killed them off, but no, that's not true at all. In fact, they seemed to be pissed off and biting extra hard or something. Which of course, made getting the lights outside more of a chore. So much so, that my careful wrapping of lights so as to not have to de-tangle them next year quickly became a memory, and just getting the lights inside... away from the gnats was the priority.

Now I just have to remember to let the kids get out the lights next year... muwuhahahaha...

No comments: