Friday, January 16, 2009

Scary

How do I extinguish the rage I have?

My daughter, the older one, the soon to be dead one, she has been doing conditioning at the school in order to try out for school soccer. I had trepidations about it, but I figured, why not?

Everything is going fairly smoothly, until they, they being the school, has physicals. We waited for an hour and a half. We did not know that they were having physicals, so we were basically blind because my child would not let us see. She could have told us about the physical, and thus eliminated any fear from us, but decided against it. she could have called and told us at any point of the day that she would be late, but figured it was more trouble than it was worth.

First my wife waits, for nearly an hour, and the only reason she gave up was because our other daughter had to pee... So I took over, and I walked, and walked, and walked all over that school, and still never found her. I also looked for a phone number of someone who might be a coach.... no good. I looked for some kind of person in charge at the school... a principal or something... nothing. So after going around the school grounds for an hour and a half, my wife and I start to get worried.

What if she went off with a boy, what if she's been kidnapped, the ideas swimming around in your head are incredible when push comes to shove. We feel that we have no other option but to call the police. Then I see her, laughing and carrying on with her friends, acting as if nothing is wrong, there is nothing wrong in her world.

We sent her to her room, after a good, stern talking to, with no dinner. She messed up everything, but she has no clue about that. Try as I may to set her straight, and believe me I did, it really won't do any good. And I don't know what else to do, other than take away soccer. She was playing just so she could chit chat with friends, not become the next Pele.

So I aged a year or more in that hour and a half. What do I have to show for it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dont let her drive
if she cant tell you what is going on then the trust is broken and she cant be trusted to drive. i'll tell ya what my 16 year old is flying right with her grades and attitude becouse i told her i wont let her drive becouse of trust issues.