Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Vacation Time

I'm one for history. I think blogging helps one to mark time. But I for the life of me can't remember when I came back to work. I don't see any posts about it, It must have just slipped my mind, or my mind slipped on it. I think I came back in late January early February. I wanted to mark to occasion, because beginning next month, I actually start to accrue vacation time again. I've worked for over a year with no time off, came in on Saturdays and Sundays to make up time, it's been a rough haul.

Now I basically was out of work for over 2 months. The fact that everything worked out as good as it did... minus the stroke of course... is really damn amazing. I came back to work, running, no back log of work to do. I just went with it. I can't thank my boss enough. He was even good enough to pay me during everything, and he didn't have to, but did. I don't think if I worked for anybody else on the planet would they have done that at least none of my former employers.

So I'm looking forward to this summer, where I can finally take time off, legally, and enjoy myself.

No comments: